My client is a large Tier 1 aerospace manufacturer with a facility based on the beautiful Isle of Wight. They currently have a vacancy within the Non-Destructive Testing facility and invite applications from qualified NDT ultrasonic inspectors. Experience in the aerospace industry especially composites is preferable but consideration will also be given to candidates with relevant certification/experience in other industrial sectors
The successful applicant for this technical role will have attained Level 2 certification in ultrasonic inspection issued under the PCN, ASNT, NAS410 or EN4179, additional certification or experience in radiography of composites and welded metallic structures would be a distinct advantage.
You will be required to work within a small but cohesive team and as such you must be a good communicator with the ability to work with and convey information to all levels throughout the business. It is important that you have the confidence to work on your own but equally that you can seek advice or a second opinion where necessary. With a keen ability to focus and not be easily distracted, it is important that you have the strength to stand by the decisions that you make which on occasion may mean adopting a diplomatic but assertive approach whilst achieving tight deadlines.
Duties and Skills:
- Hold a Level 2 certificate in ultrasonic inspection issued under the PCN, ASNT, NAS 410 or EN 4179 schemes (Essential)
- Holder of Level 2 certificates in other methods (radiography or penetrant) is beneficial
- City & Guilds and/or ONC/HNC Qualifications required (Engineering Degree not essential although desirable)
- Ability to make decisions is key
- Use of PC Applications - primarily Microsoft suite of tools
- Be able to support corrective and preventative actions
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement techniques
- Good communicator - both written and oral
- Resourceful and flexible
- Customer focussed with a passion to provide exceptionally high levels of standard
The successful NDT Operator must be willing to undertake personal study and additional external training in order to pass periodic written and practical examinations, as well as being prepared to work a shift pattern if required. Therefore self-motivation and commitment are essential in this role.
Due to security considerations, applicants will only be considered who have the right to work and live in the UK.