Equipment Maintenance Lead - Friday-Sunday 6a-6:30p Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Lead Equipment Maintenance Technician is responsible for leading a team of maintenance employees and directing the workflow to ensure the safety and productivity of the distribution centers, high speed sortation systems and various packing equipment. This role may act as supervisor-on-duty in the absence of other managerial personnel and handles a broad array of management responsibilities. Must
also the following qualification electromechanical skills, troubleshooting skills with PLC controls, servos, and other discrete electrical control components. Five years maintenance experience and conveyor equipment experience is preferred. Must have the ability to connect a laptop to a PLC and step through and understand the PLC program to troubleshoot complex controls failures, and make minor code changes.
1. Lead and direct the work of other technician in the absence of maintenance management.
2. Conduct departmental training, give feedback on performance and provide day-to-day coach and counseling.
3. Conduct shift weekly and safety meeting.
4. Performs regularly scheduled preventative maintenance on general electrical and plumbing systems, various conveyor systems, high speed sorters, forklifts, various other powered material handling equipment, boilers, UPS and building generator's.
5. Performs troubleshooting on equipment breakdown as instructed including disassembly, repair, procurement of parts and some parts fabrication to minimize equipment downtime.
6. Performs complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc. Completes documents of all inspections, maintenance and repair work.
7. Provides detail assessment of various material handling equipment's performance based on field data collected and recommend system changes to management for modifications or improvements.
8. Uses Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)-generated preventive maintenance, work orders to maintain distribution machinery and equipment according to the manufacturer's recommendations and good maintenance practices.
9. Monitors and inspects facility construction, conveyor installation by vendors/contractor worker , insuring they follow all safety policies.
10. Maintains a clean, organized and safe internal and external work environment.
11. Drive company vehicle to purchase and retrieve maintenance and cleaning supplies and materials. Also, transport company inventory and supplies from building to building.
12. Assists in creating or establishing training needs for the continuous knowledge and skill development of department personnel.
13. Train new employees and mentor junior technicians
14. Performs trouble-shooting and needed tasks involving low and high voltage electrical and control systems of 480 volt devices (AC and DC), including repair or replacement of system components.
15. Proven ability to read blueprints, manuals, schematics, interpret technical manuals and PLC ladder logic.
16. Diagnose/repair emergency system (i.e., generators, chillers, fire system, boilers) Practice safe work habits and abide by the safety rules in accordance with the safety policies.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by management team.
Due to the nature of potential equipment and facilities related breakdowns, fluctuations of products and manufacturing schedules and the urgency of new equipment installations, the Maintenance Department's working hours must be flexible and the individual must be available for scheduled overtime, emergency overtime, and or change shift due to business demands . Breaks and lunch times may also be flexible depending on emergency or high priority projects and assignments.
* Constant Standing -- 67%-100% of 8-Hour Shift
* Frequent Bending -- 34-66% of 8-Hour Shift
* Occasional Pushing/Pulling -- 1-33% of 8-Hour Shift
* Constant Lifting up to 50 lbs -- 67-100% of 8-Hour Shift
* Frequent Climbing -- 34-66% of 8-Hour Shift
* Occasional Driving -- 1-33% of 8-Hour Shift
* Constant Handling/Grasping- 67-100% of 8-Hour Shift
* Constant Walking/Standing -- 67-100$ of 8-Hour Shift
* Frequent Bending -- 34-66% of 8-Hour Shift
1. Requires completion of formal apprenticeship or associates degree.
2. Two years minimum maintenance supervisory experience in a fast-paced production environment.
3. Possess strong communication and written skill with the ability to interact with external vendors.
4. Minimum of five years' experience with mechanical and electrical systems, HVAC, chillers, generators, vertical and horizontal balers and hydraulic/pneumatic system, UPS and boilers.
5. Previous experience diesel, electrical pumps and Notifier fire alarm system strongly preferred
6. Minimum of 3 years with conveyors, high speed sortation and various packing equipment in a fast-paced production environment.
7. Must have proven ability maintain automated equipment e.g. motorized rollers, drive motors, gearboxes, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), I/O modules, Encoders and Ultrasonic, Laser, Photoelectric and Light Screen sensor.
8. Must exhibit a thorough understanding of Steeple chase VLC, Allen Bradley PLC's 500/5000, DeviceNet, Profibus, RSLogix, ASI control circuits and be skilled in component testing and replacement.
9. Must have experience with tabletop and inline scales, printers, label applicators and carton erectors.
10. Ability to read blueprints, manuals, schematics, interpret technical manuals and PLC ladder logic.
11. Must be able to troubleshoot and maintain 480 VAC, 3 phase electrical power distribution panels and subpanels for installed equipment.
12. Knowledge of industrial electricity including single-phase and three-phase power, motors, protective devices and/or photo sensors
13. Performing diagnostics, troubleshooting, and evaluations to maintain the fleet of power lift truck and VRC is a plus.
14. Ability to troubleshoot and maintain pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
15. Ability to handle multiple tasks, be detail oriented, meet department standards and perform duties without immediate and constant supervision.
16. Ability direct and monitor Jr. technicians activities as it relates to equipment PM's, calibrations, coach and counsel and assist in annual performance appraisal with management.
17. Must be able to work at heights up to 50 ft in various lifts.
18. Ability to work independently and train Jr. Technicians.
19. Must have proven skills in Microsoft Windows, Excel, Outlook and Visio
20. Auto cad skill is a plus.
21. Experience welding with stick or MIG a plus.
22. Willing and able to adjust work schedule to accommodate initial training and future workload requirements, as necessary.
23. Must have valid driver license